Filthy Casual
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Topic Author
Flag: Germany

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk vs. Radukai Kishi no Cavalry

Wed May 25, 2016 2:16 am

"Is Gakusen Toshi Asterisk the same as Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry ?"

In this Review im gonna explain the Differences and Common Ground between Gakusen Toshi Asterisk and Radukai Kishi no Cavalry.
First of all im gonna start with  a short Review of both Animes.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk:

The Anime Gakusen Toshi Asterisk (eng.: The Asterisk War) is a Fight Focused Action Romance Anime set in the Future with Epic Fights and Insane 
Human Powers. It is about Ayato Amagiri (Main Male Protagonist) who is searching for his Sister after she dissapered. He arrives at the Seidoukan 
Akademie one of the 6 best Elite Akademie in the world where students learn to control their Powers. He has a rough Start but he managed to find 
friends and he also recovered old friends. One of the new friends -Julis Alexia va Riessfeld (also know as Glühende Rose)- wants him to take
part in the Phoenix Festa (a competition between the 6 Schools)and team up with her. Ayatos old girlfriend -Saya Sasamiya- is  taking part in the 
Festa,too. She is teaming up with Kirin Toudou (a shy girl with good fighting skill; also a friend of Ayato because he helped her to get away from 
her rude egoistic aunt who trained her). Ayato is the one and only Main Male Protagonist. That makes him even more attractive for the Girls. 
Especially for Julis, defending her Love against the director of the Seidoukan Akademie Claudia Enfield who also felt in Love with Ayato. For sure 
Julis isn´t consedering that she loves Ayato who makes it kind of hard for Ayato to recongnize her Love. Ayatos Powers were sealed by his Sister, 
so its hard for Ayato and Julis to win against their opponends. But they managed to win again and again. On their Way to the Top Ayato and Julis are
getting closer to find out what happened to Ayatos Sister. But to dig in old Stories is not always the best Way. 

So that was only for the 1st Season. Im not gonna Spoiler what happens in the 2nd Season. So find it out yourself.  :D

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry:

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry (eng.: Chivalry of a Failed Knight) is a Fightfocused Action Romance Ecchi Anime set in the near Future with Insane Human 
Powers  and Epic Fights. In a World of not talented and talented People -wich can use their Magic to manifest their Soul as Weapon and Force- 
Ikki Kurogane grows up in a family with only talented People. The problem is that Ikki has no talent. So he is rejacted by his Family. Only his Sister
Shizuku Kurogane cheers him up. Later he became student at an Elite School in his country. His grades are bad but his fighting Skill are insane.
His bad grades are just because he cannot use Magic. His self appropiated Skill called "The Stolen Sword" helps him to fake the Enemies fighting
Skill and is very Usefull in Fights. He is just living his normal Life but that changes after he met Stella Vermillion a noblewoman from a Kingdom.
He and her have to share there Room with themself but Stella don´t want that first so she wants to Fight against him. She cannot believe after 
she lost against him because he is only and untalented Student and she is a noblewoman with well trained Skills. After that they get Friends and 
deside to take Part in a Competition and meet each other in the Final. His Sister is also arriving at the School. She shares her Room with a guy 
called Nagi Arisuin. The 4 Students became good Friends. Only a few fights between Shizuku and Stella because they both fell in Love with Ikki.
But in the end Shizuku gave up because she recognized that Stella is the right Person for her lovely brother. But the biggest Problem is that it is
not allow for Ikki to fall in Love with a noblewoman from a other country so he is sent to prison. The owner of the prison is a old enemie of Ikki and
hes punishing him very hard. But Ikki stays strong and in the end he and Stella finally can stay together.

If you havent watched it yet then watch it because it´s an good Anime.

Now im gonna tell you sth about the Differences and Common Grounds :

Im gonna start with the Common Grounds.

Common Grounds:

-One male main protagonist wich is loved by all female characters
-Insane Human Powers and Epic Battles
-All main protagonist take part in a Competition
-They meet friends from the past and new friends.
-Genres: Action,Ecchi and Harem
-The Protagonist is a first unknown fighting genie who gets more and more famous
-Main Story Part is the same
-Take Place at a Elite school for Fighters
-The 2 Main Charaters look way similar (in my opinion)
ImageImage               ImageImage
Julis van Riessfeld                             Ayato Amagiri                                               Stella Vermillion                                Ikki Kurogane  

Differences:

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk                                                              Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

-Ayatos childhood was good                                                           -Ikkis childhood was bad
-There are no untalentated or                                                        -The love between the main characters
 talented people.                                                                              brings problems
-The characters have diffrent Goals:                                              -Love between sister and brother
 Julis want to earn Money for a Charity                                            (Ikki and Shizuku)
 Organisation at her home.                                                             -No specified Goals 
 Ayato wants to find his sister.                                                         
 Kirin wants her dad out of prison.
 Saysa wants to help her dad.
 (every character or Team has diffrent goals)

Conclusion:
As you can see the two Animes have approximatley the same Main stories.
But they are still two diffrent Animes with diffrent side stories.
I can recommend both Animes.

In my opinion i would give Gakusen Toshi Asterisk a 9 out of 10 and
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry a 8 out of 10.
If you watched both Animes tell me your Opinion. Or comment what you think about them.

Thanks for reading !

Greeting Shyno :D

NobleAlexander
Scrub
Scrub
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Flag: United States of America

Re: Gakusen Toshi Asterisk vs. Radukai Kishi no Cavalry

Wed May 25, 2016 10:48 pm

I would recommend checking out Digibro's series called, The Asterick War Sucks. In which he breaks down flaws within the series. Later within the series he begins to compare these two particular shows. For the most part his videos are critique, and less opinionated.  Although certain aspects are of course always going to be more opinionated than other parts. Overall I personally didn't enjoy Astericks War. The series pretty much sums up why so I'll leave you to it. Either way your opinion is perfectly fine. You can like whatever you want, but remember to be open to other views. Anyway! Peace. 

thecookieofdoom
Pleeb
Pleeb
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Fri May 27, 2016 7:30 pm

Hmm...not that anyone cares but I preferred cavalty but maybe the second season of asterisk might change things :D
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TheFakeKirito
Scrub
Scrub
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Flag: Estonia

Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:58 pm

"Who called a stripper to my room ? Today`s not my birthday"
Im already in love with this anime :D

Helez
No Longer a Disgrace
No Longer a Disgrace
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Flag: Denmark

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:42 pm

Hmmm... Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry looks more awesome to me for some reason... maybe it's the pictures?? whatever, i'm gonna watch them both ^-^
If life gives you lemons... Take them! Free stuff! Cool ^-^

Schwarzkralle
STAFF
STAFF
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester

Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:24 am

Till now I have only watched Gakusen Toshi Asterisk season 1&2 and I really enjoyed watching it, I will give the other one a shot and tell you want I think about it too
“Regardless of scientific advances, there are some primitive techniques we retain because there are occasions when they can be quite effective.” - Count Cruhteo